With over 42 years of experience in commercial litigation and insurance law, Hamp Skelton provides expert testimony on topics including attorney fees, insurance coverage law, insurance claims handling, antitrust topics, class actions, and legal ethics. He provides consulting expert services, expert reports and trial testimony. The following is a partial list of recent expert witness assignments:
- Trial testimony for both insurance companies and corporate policyholders in insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuits.
- Expert report and testimony for plaintiffs in a legal malpractice case; issues involved legal ethics and the appropriateness of recommending class action treatment for claims in a “vanishing premium” life insurance case.
- Expert testimony for an insurer on attorneys fees in extra-contractual litigation involving duty to defend issues.
- Expert testimony in an insurance coverage matter involving certificates of insurance containing erroneous information about coverages afforded.
- Trial testimony on topic of whether an attorney could have reasonably segregated billings between causes of action affording attorney fees recovery and causes of action that do not, in face of contention that the work was “inextricably intertwined”.
- Expert reports and testimony on a variety of coverage law topics in extra-contractual litigation.
Sample reactions from clients after Hamp’s trial testimony:
- “Thank you. You were the best witness in the case — by a mile.”
- “Hamp was simply fantastic. I will use him again either as a Stowers or attorneys’ fees expert. He handled himself and opposing counsel with the kind of skill and demeanor you rarely see.”
- “Great, great, great! thoroughly enjoyed your testimony.”
From the a client whose company won a trial in federal court August 2022:
- Hamp; THANK YOU; THANK YOU You were great !! Thorough and perfect in every way !! We beat them in their court room !! MAGNIFICENT. !!! You are in My” EXPERT hall of fame !!!
For a reference, contact any of the attorneys who employed him as an expert:
Please e-mail: email@example.com or call him (512) 651-7000 for references from other lawyers throughout the state.