With over 30 years of experience in commercial litigation and insurance law, Hamp Skelton provides expert testimony on topics including attorney fees, insurance coverage law, insurance claims handling, antitrust topics, class actions, and legal ethics. He provides consulting expert services, expert reports and trial testimony. The following is a partial list of recent expert witness assignments:
- Trial testimony for both insurance companies and corporate policyholders in insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuits.
- Expert report and testimony for plaintiffs in a legal malpractice case; issues involved legal ethics and the appropriateness of recommending class action treatment for claims in a "vanishing premium" life insurance case.
- Expert testimony for an insurer on attorneys fees in extra-contractual litigation involving duty to defend issues.
- Expert testimony in an insurance coverage matter involving certificates of insurance containing erroneous information about coverages afforded.
- Trial testimony on topic of whether an attorney could have reasonably segregated billings between causes of action affording attorney fees recovery and causes of action that do not, in face of contention that the work was "inextricably intertwined".
- Expert reports and testimony on a variety of coverage law topics in extra-contractual litigation.
Sample reactions from clients after Hamp's trial testimony:
- "Thank you. You were the best witness in the case -- by a mile."
- "Hamp was simply fantastic. I will use him again either as a Stowers or attorneys' fees expert. He handled himself and opposing counsel with the kind of skill and demeanor you rarely see."
- "Great, great, great! thoroughly enjoyed your testimony."
For a reference, contact any of the attorneys who employed him as an expert:
- Chris Martin and Kevin Cain at Martin, Disiere, Wisdom & Jefferson, (713) 632-1700, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com;
- Gary Zausmer at Winstead, (512) 370-2800, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Taylor and/or David Dunham at Taylor & Dunham (512) 473-2257, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Bill Parrish: (512) 539-3628, Bparrish@dpelaw.com